Note: These highlights do not include all the information needed to use CIALIS safely and effectively.
DOSAGE FORMS AND STRENGTHS:
Cialis is made in 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg, and 20 mg.
DOSES AND ADMINISTRATION:
When Taken As Needed:
The starting dose is usually 10 mg as needed prior to sexual activity but it depends on the individual. It has been shown to improve erectile function, compared to placebo, up to 36 hours post dose.
Based on effectiveness and tolerability, your physician may recommend an increase to 20 mg or a decrease to 5 mg.
Cialis should not to be taken more than once per day.
Use of cialis in any patient using any form of organic nitrate is contraindicated. Cialis was show to potentiate the hypotensive effect of nitrates. Simply put, both nitrates and Cialis can lower your blood pressure so the combination of the two can be extremely dangerous.
Most Common (≥2%):
Include: headache, dyspepsia, back pain, myalgia, nasal congestion, flushing, and pain in limb
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
- Patients should not use Cialis if sex is inadvisable, especially due to cardiovascular status.
- Use of CIALIS with alpha blockers, antihypertensives or substantial amounts of alcohol (≥5 units) may lead to hypotension.
- CIALIS is not recommended in combination with alpha blockers for the treatment of BPH because efficacy of the combination has not been adequately studied and because of the risk of blood pressure lowering. Caution is advised when CIALIS is used as a treatment for ED in men taking alpha blockers.
- If taking potent inhibitors of CYP3A4, dose should be adjusted: CIALIS for use as needed: ≤10 mg every 72 hours. For once daily use: dose not to exceed 2.5 mg.
- Patients should seek emergency treatment if an erection lasts >4 hours.
- Use CIALIS with caution in patients predisposed to priapism.
- Patients should stop CIALIS and seek medical care if a sudden loss of vision occurs in one or both eyes, which could be a sign of Non Arteritic Ischemic Optic Neuropathy (NAION). Physicians should discuss increased risk of NAION in patients with history of NAION.
- Patients should stop CIALIS and seek prompt medical attention in the event of sudden decrease or loss of hearing.
- Prior to initiating treatment with CIALIS for BPH, consideration should be given to other urological conditions that may cause similar symptoms.
- Patients with creatinine clearance 30 to 50 mL/min: Dosage adjustment may be needed.
- Patients with creatinine clearance less than 30 mL/min or on hemodialysis: For use as needed: Dose should not exceed 5 mg every 72 hours. Once daily use is not recommended.